Confined Space Competency
Industry – Automotive, Cement, Chemical, Construction, Heavy Engineering, Metal, Minerals & Mining, Oil Gas & Petroleum, Other Industries like Shipping.
Item Code – TPA10
Participant Profile – Technicians
Site Supervisors/ Contractors and Specialist Workers who supervise, enter, work and exit confined working spaces.
Self declaration of medical fitness.
8 hours (including assessment)
No of Participants
Upto 10 per batch
- Class-room and practical training at client site anywhere in India
- Suitable training hand‐outs shall be distributed to the participants
- Identify different types of Confined Spaces
- Permit To Work system (PTW)
- Hazards associated with confined spaces
- Safe operating procedures in confined spaces
- Air Quality Monitoring before entry
- Inspection, donning, doffing and use of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) or Supplied Air System (SAS) in normal operation and in emergency rescue conditions.
- Access Equipment – Tripod & Winch system
- Emergency procedures and rescue of personnel in confined spaces
- Duties of the support personnel for confined spaces
- Basic First Aid
Written & Practical Assessment
Certificates and Competent Person I-cards are awarded to the participant’s after successful completion of the course.