Certified Tower Climber (Indus Towers)
Industry – Telecom Industry
Item Code – KTC-CTC
Participant Profile – Technicians
This course is designed for the riggers working in the telecommunications industry. Trainees are equipped with the key information, knowledge and practical skills required to work safely on communications masts and towers using personal fall protection equipment (PFPE) to climb fixed ladders or fixed Fall Protection Systems (FPS) and work on the inside and outside of safe work platforms.
Self declaration of medical fitness.
8 hours (including assessment)
No of Participants
Upto 20 per batch
- Theory in classroom (20%) + Practical Training (80%) on tower
- Suitable training hand‐outs shall be distributed to the participants
- Health & safety legislation and standards (simplified)
- Six Life Saving Rules of Indus
- The risks encountered while erecting towers, while climbing towers and while working at height.
- Safer methods of tower erection
- How to fit PFPE, it’s usage and limitations
- Inspection, care and storage
- Restraint, positioning and fall arrest techniques
- Anchor point selection and checking
- Emergency procedures
- Suspension trauma & how to relieve
- Practical climbing on ladders using twin lanyards
- Practical on work positioning and changing platforms
- Practical on fixing the Fall Arrestor on the fixed FPS (using samples)
- Basic Equipment Handling, Rope Inspection & creating Mechanical Advantage
Written & Practical Assessment
Competent Person I-cards are awarded to the participants after successful completion of training.